Re: [moore@cs.utk.edu: http digest auth + http 1.1?]

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:15:47 PDT
To: hallam@ai.mit.edu
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, hallam@ai.mit.edu
Basically, "docking" isn't practical. I don't think the HTTP editor
(Jim) is prepared to do the rather major editing that would be
necessary to make the merged document readable, I know that the RFC
editor isn't, and I don't think that we can do that much editing
without recycling through "last call".

I've heard there's currently a two-month backlog in getting things
through the RFC editor, even when they're straightforward.

Larry