Re: Last gasp terminology issue

From: <jg@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 96 13:29:54 -0400
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

Since there seems to be universal disgust at the current definition
of variant, I plan to make the following change:

From:
 variant

 Each representation of that resource that corresponds to a different
 sequence of entities that could be returned for a requested resource
 is termed a variant.

 variant

 A resource may have one, or more than one, representation(s) associated
 with it at any given instant.  Each of these representations is termed
 a variant.

If people want, we can reopen the terminology can of worms for draft
standard, but this is my best take for proposed.

If there are any last second complaints on this change, let me know.
				- Jim