Re: [moore@cs.utk.edu: http digest auth + http 1.1?]

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:17:02 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Larry Masinter writes:
> It is my belief that it is the intent of the working group that digest
> authentication be part of HTTP/1.1.
>
> If you disagree, would you please let me know ASAP?

I do agree that digest is essential but if both documents are already
approved by the IESG then how can this be done without introducing
significant delay in the process? Will IESG react different to a "docked"
digest document versus a simple reference from Chapter 11.2 or was the
approval a "blank check" for what we decide on?

Henrik

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356