names of authors

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 19:03:05 PDT
To: cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@http-wg.uucp
I'm on a noisy phone line in a hotel, so this is brief:

While this is politically sensitive, I thought it was appropriate to
reorder the names of the authors of the document to reflect relative
contributions to this draft; I know the result will have the authors
listed as Fielding, Gettys but then I forget the order of Frystyk,
Mogul, Berners-Lee.

I hope no one feels slighted, and that everyone who wants an
acknowledgement has one in the acknowledgement section.  I know that
many others helped with wording here and there, but it's probably good
to draw the line somewhere.

Larry