Re: Any interest in automatic link-updating?

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 08:34:32 PDT
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I do not believe that HTTP needs any kind of additional method for
advising the site that a URL has changed. If the world needs a
standard like this, I suggest a new media type

      application/webmaster-advice

and that such a media type could be delivered by email to
      webmaster@host

I suggest for the format of application/webmaster-advice:

	Dear Webmaster:
	My system has discovered the following link on
        one of your pages is incorrect. Please correct it.

	Link from page: http://sloppy.host/referring-resource
	Invalid-Resource: http://myserver/mybadurl
	Valid-Resource: http://myserver/mygoodresource