Re: Last gasp terminology issue

From: Robert S. Thau <rst@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:27:40 -0400
To: fielding@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU, koen@win.tue.nl
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
  Our (Apache and CERN) experience has been that it is quite easy.

Ummm... Roy, are you *quite* sure Apache behaves this way?
As I recall the way content negotiation works, information on variants
other than the one that was selected has been tossed by the time the
last-modified date is set, and I'm not sure off the top of my head that
I know of a clean way of keeping it around.

Admittedly, it has been a while since I looked at the
content-negotiation code, and it may well have been modified to
implement your revised rule since I wrote it, but just so we know
that we're all singing off the same sheet, could you send me a pointer
to the code that perrforms this computation (in private, if you don't
want to clutter the list)?

rst