Re: 12, 14.43: resource arguments and conneg

From: <jg@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 96 15:44:06 -0400
To: Paul Burchard <burchard@cs.princeton.edu>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, fielding@ics.uci.edu

I don't see the problem.  Vary seems to be written in such a way that
it applies to all responses, not just responses containing entities derived
from a resource.  This seems to me to be the general case, and allows
(but does not require) a server to perform negotiation on all responses
including errors.  The right thing, IMHO.

Am I missing something, or am I confused?
			- Jim