Re: Shortening the draft.

From: <hallam@etna.ai.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 May 96 17:03:13 -0400
To: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: hallam@etna.ai.mit.edu

>So don't get too hung up on the length of the document.  Splitting out
>the EBNF might be useful because it is useful for other protocols, but
>it's not going to make the HTTP/1.1 specification any easier to read.

If people grumble it can always be offered up as a solution to the length
problem (we don't necessarily have to do it to offer it as a solution :-)

I was just working on a similar spec and going through the task of cut and
pasting the various pieces of text when I started to think about the theory of
hypertext and why its a bad idea.

	Phill