Re: making progress on State-Info

From: Lou Montulli <montulli@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 1995 17:54:43 -0800
To: "M. Hedlund" <hedlund@best.com>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>, Dave Kristol <dmk@allegra.att.com>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
M. Hedlund wrote:

> Lou is the only person I recall objecting to the most recent state-info
> draft, and he has not backed up his objections with a counter-proposal nor
> with a submission of the Netscape cookie proposal (either of which I would
> like to see happen).
>
> If I am somehow just wrong that tacit approval equals rough consensus, and
> if Roy is right that polling is the only accepted consensus-building
> method, then _it needs to happen more often_.
>
> M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>

I still have objections to the state-info draft, but I admit I have dropped
the ball on getting a timely counter proposal back to this group.  We have
been in the midst of hiring a technical writer to turn our cookie proposal
into an internet draft so that it could be submitted to this group for
improvements.

:lou
--
Lou Montulli                 http://www.netscape.com/people/montulli/