Re: Connection Oriented HTTP conflict

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 19:22:33 -0800
To: Ramana Kovi <ramana@kovi.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
> I found descrepency in Hopmann specification about connection
> oriented HTTP extension draft. I also confirmed the conflict
> with Mr Hopmann. Iam attaching part of the mail message
> with this note for other server developers.Please correct
> the information in your downloaded version of the draft

We are not proceeding with the specification that Alex wrote.
Persistent connections were already implemented by several vendors
using the notes I produced early this year, and which I reposted
to the mailing list last month.  Please see

for more information.

 ...Roy T. Fielding
    University of California, Irvine, CA 92717-3425    fax:+1(714)824-4056