Question

From: Harrie Hazewinkel <hazewink@cs.utwente.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:04:40 +0100
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
HI,

I recently joined this mailing list, because I have to build an agent
which manages a WWW-server. Therefore I have to write a WWW-MIB and
a HTTP-MIB. I have a question about the difference between the URI
and the URL.

Is there a difference between the URI and URL?
If yes, what is that difference?
If no, why the difference in naming?

Thanks by advance,

Harrie                                            |~,
                                                  |~'
hazewink@cs.utwente.nl                          | |_| |    Harrie Hazewinkel
Network management group                       _|  _  |_   Schurinksweg 34
Dep. Tele-Informatics & Open Systems          | |_| |_| |  7523 AR Enschede
University of Twente                          |_________|  tel: 053-336824
The Netherlands                                 |     |_   _   _   _   _   _
www:http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~hazewink          |  0  | |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |