Re: domain-name?

From: Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 17:19:21 -0400
To: http working group <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
I'm not into compromises today.  Either we go with the Orig-URI header
as specified in draft 01, or we go with

  Host: fully.qualified.domain.name

as I originally suggested in

  <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1995q1/0088.html>

I am calling for WG consensus on this issue RIGHT NOW.  If you have
a preference either way, send your comment in RIGHT NOW.  If some
degree of rough consensus can be obtained within the next 5 days,
then I will include the decision in HTTP/1.1 draft 00.

After 5 days, this issue will be permantently barred from future
discussion on this list.  Is that clear?

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
                      Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
                      (fielding@w3.org)                (fielding@ics.uci.edu)