Re: Suggestion: Partial file transfer.

From: Rick Troth <troth@compassnet.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 11:20:56 -0500 (CDT)
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: dror@vocaltec.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
	I was about to respond  "please no",  but ...
> I'd be more comfortable with this and other proposals if the original
> data were delivered with a 'content-ID'   ...
	Larry's right.
	Further,  restart considerations should be made that not all
the world is a byte stream.   That is,  allow more high-level restarts
than just byte offset.   Allow for things like line offset restarts.
Rick Troth <troth@compassnet.com>, Houston, Texas, USA