Re: UDP or TCP?

From: Bill Janssen <janssen@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 15:01:15 PDT
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu>
Excerpts from ext.ietf-http: 10-Aug-95 Re: UDP or TCP? Albert
Lunde@nwu.edu (1794*)

> Does IPNG or any of the protcol designs related to ATM networking address
> any of these issues? (I'm thinking if we can let someone else re-enginer
> the lower parts of TCP/IP it could save some work.)

Yes, some of these concerns are addressed.  In particular, the quality
of service issues are interesting, allowing you to specify particular
characteristics of a connection.  Both IPng and ATM are big research
topics here at PARC, and we're going to be experimenting with them in
ILU over the next year.

Bill