Re: proposal for a new html tag

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <zurko@osf.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 8:49:29 EST
To: David - Morris <dwm@shell.portal.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Me <zurko@osf.org>
> Instead of having a single 'file' with priorities, display orders, etc.,
> none of which solve the basic problem that the decision basis content
> hasn't been transfered, it seems to me that some form of >include<
> capability would allow a single logical document to be split for
> storage, maintenance, transmission, etc.

An "include" capability could provide other benefits. For instance,
only the parts of a document that the user is allowed to see can be
returned, and reconstituted as a single logical view. This would allow
sites that currently support both an internal and an external home
page to have just one home page.

I thought I stumbled across a server once that was supporting an
include capability, but I no longer remember what it was. Anyone else
have a pointer?

	Mez