Re: Connection Header

From: John Franks <john@math.nwu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 17:01:52 -0600 (CST)
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@blanche.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: robm@neon.mcom.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
According to Roy T. Fielding:

> Actually, I have not yet proposed any meaningful semantics for a SESSION
> method other than it cannot be forwarded.

I noticed.  This makes it difficult to compare to an MGET proposal.  I am
eagerly awaiting some description of how SESSION and Connection headers are
going to achieve the same user perceived performance as multiple connections.

I don't mean to be impolite, but I haven't seen much evidence of thought being
given to the issue doing something in HTTP1.1 that can eliminate the
need for multiple connections.  Temper tantrums directed at Netscape don't
count. :)

John Franks