Re: HTTP: T-T-T-Talking about MIME Generation

From: Mitra <mitra@path.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 16:44:24 -0800
To: "Daniel W. Connolly" <connolly@hal.com>
Cc: Marc Salomon <marc@library.ucsf.edu>, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com

At 4:18 PM 12/15/94, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:
>Hello? Mime encoding adds a few bytes between objects for the boundary.
>HTTP is 8-bit clean, after all. No base64 needed.

Hmm - maybe I'm missing something, but I dont think you can put the file in
WITHOUT encoding, if you are looking for a boundary, what if the file
contained the wrong bytes and got interpreted as the boundary.

- Mitra

Mitra                                                    mitra@path.net
Internet Consulting                                       (415)488-0944
<http://www.path.net/mitra>                           fax (415)488-0988