RE: First reactions to mandatory draft

Numeric perfixes aren't to allow multiple instances of the _same_ extension
in one message -- they are to guard against the possibility (to use your
example) that two independent parties design an extension, and both call it
"Skidoo" (but they will have different URLs for the extension, of course),
and still allow both to be used in one request.

I think it shouldn't be optional, and the proposed solution is even more
complicated than supporting perfixes.