Re: Application protocols and Address Translation

From: Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:51:45 +0100
Cc: <discuss@apps.ietf.org>
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>

On måndag, dec 2, 2002, at 23:23 Europe/Stockholm, Mark Nottingham
wrote:

> It's a start, but in many companies, the policy in place dictates that
> no
> external connections to internal addresses may be made.

Then they can not get any incoming communication at all, like VoIP,
FTP, SMTP or whatever else. This is _exactly_ what we as applications
area have to explain, that NAT has absolutely nothing to do with
security.

We know about all of this already, I need someone which holds the pen.

    paf