Re: Wg's which have not made progress lately

At 09.15 -0800 01-01-18, Marshall T. Rose wrote:
>may i ask that you and ned send email to each of the WGs in question,
>comparing their progress to their charter, and giving them a short amount of
>time to show progress or be nuke'd.

We are NOT after killing things because it is fun.

We want progress. If either this mail from me, or a future ping from
me and Ned make the wg start work again, fine.

>a charter represents a contract between the ADs and a WG. the reasons that
>charters have milestones with dates is so that everyone can understand the
>timeliness and metabolism of the project and principals.

Exactly!

>when WGs go stale but don't die, they prevent other WGs from being formed.
>this is plainly unfair...

Exactly my point in my initial message. wg's _DO_ use resources just
by existing.

   paf

--
Patrik Fältström <paf@cisco.com>       Internet Engineering Task Force