RE: BIND and DAV:checkout-set property

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:29:38 +0200
To: "Geoffrey M Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

I think this is less likely, but of course I can't speak of all clients.

Anyway, the spec says that the property identifies *resources*, not URLs or
bindings. Finally, I think we should try to decide what to do and *not*
leave that up to the server. If we do that, reporting all bindings obviously
would be a bad choice because there's always the potential for bind loops
causing the set of URLs for that resource to be ... big.

> I do not see anything in the current specification language that
> requires a server to do it one way or the other, so until we
> get a compelling reason to do it one way or the other, I'd probably
> leave the language as it is.

I think the spec (revision) really needs to clarify a few things regarding
binding behaviour, and this is one of those things.

Julian