Good news from interop event

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:48:58 -0700
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

I'm happy to report that at the WebDAV Interoperability Testing Event held
the past two days (Sept. 15-16, 2003) we saw some nice interoperability of
multiple DeltaV clients and servers. Specifically, Xythos Client and Cadaver
both interoperated against Xythos Server, Catacomb, and Tamino (these were
the only DeltaV implementations present). Interoperability occurred out of
the box (no additional code modification needed).

Methods tested were VERSION-CONTROL, CHECKOUT, CHECKIN, REPORT (version
history). Only linear versioning, and comments were not supported by these
clients.

So, while the capabilities demonstrated were limited, it was *very*
encouraging to see this interoperability, especially since this was the
first time the DeltaV capabilities of these client/server pairs were
exercised.

This provides a nice base from which to grow.

- Jim