RE: BIND and DAV:checkout-set property

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 11:42:56 +0200
To: "Geoffrey M Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@us.ibm.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

I think this is wrong, and as far as I remember, we already discussed this
question some time ago and came to a different conclusion.

In this particular case, the spec says:

"This property identifies each checked-out resource whose DAV:checked-out
property identifies this version."

That is, if there's only one checked-out resource and two bindings, there
should be only one href element, giving one of the bindings.

If a server would report all bindings, a non-binding-aware client might
conclude that there are in fact multiple checked-out resources which is not
the case.

Anyway: we clearly should work on a clarification of RFC3253 regarding
bindings.

Julian