Re: BIND and DAV:checkout-set property

RFC-3253 leaves this up to the server implementation.
So you can do whatever is easier for your server.
If either one is equally easy, I'd suggest (a),
and in particular, store the URI that the CHECKOUT
request was applied to.  This is likely to be the
behavior that is most expected by clients that are
not written with multiple bindings in mind.