RE: request for un-version-control feature

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:24:58 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

The main part of the question was:

"Could you motivate the need to unversion-control a resource."

The fact that "two implementations want to do it" is not the
most compelling answer (there are lots of things that you could
get two implementations to agree on that would not merit
adding to a standard protocol).

Note: I'm not saying there are no compelling use cases ...
just that I haven't heard any yet.