RE: request for un-version-control feature

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 23:32:27 +0100
To: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@rational.com>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

I don't see why this needs to be coupled. I do understand that there are
cases where servers do not support the concept of un-vcr-ing a resource, but
we have provably two independant implementations that both want/need to
support this feature and are looking for a interoperable way to do it
easily.

> puts all resources under version control fail such a request,
> or just ignore it?

I think in this case it's best to just return 405 (not allowed), just as a
RFC3253-conforming server would do it anyway.

Julian