RE: UPDATE semantics for checked-out resources

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:33:13 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
   From: Julian Reschke [mailto:julian.reschke@greenbytes.de]

   section 7.1 defines the UPDATE semantics checked-in resources:

   "The UPDATE method modifies the content and dead properties of a
   checked-in version-controlled resource (the "update target") to be
   those of a specified version (the "update source") from the version
   history of that version-controlled resource."

   So is the behaviour for checked-out resources just undefined
   (intentionally)?

   I would have expected that DAV:must-be-checked-in is an explicit
   precondition for this method...

I agree that adding the DAV:must-be-checked-in precondition is the
better answer.  I'll add this to the Errata, and resolve it by adding
that precondition, unless someone objects.