RE: Marshalling DAV:xxx-collection-set as a live property, and no t an OPTIONS request.

In general, they *aren't* server wide. They only apply to a partition of the
namespace on that server. If these live properties are the same for all
resources on a server, you'll likely PROPFIND them on "/".

> In addition I would like to see that the same mechanism can be used to
> advertise
> server specific extension features preventing name clashes by the
> namespace
> of the respective live property

Could you please give an example of what you're trying to achieve? If your
server implements a specific extension, you can advertise it using
DAV:supported-method-set (not recommended :-),
DAV:supported-live-property-set or DAV:supported-report-set. If it doesn't
fit ito any of the categories, just define a new live property that acts as
a container element into which you can put all your extension information.