From: Clemm, Geoff [mailto:gclemm@rational.com]
Sent: Sonntag, 7. Juli 2002 14:59
To: DeltaV (E-mail)
Subject: Marshalling DAV:xxx-collection-set as a live property, and not
an OPTIONS request.

Since I was not able to convince the ACL working group to marshall
this kind of information as an OPTIONS request, we should probably
consider changing the versioning protocol to also marshall this
kind of information (i.e. DAV:workspace-collection-set,
DAV:activity-collection-set, and DAV:version-history-collection-set)
as live properties, and not as OPTIONS requests.

So I'd like to poll the mailing list (especially DeltaV client and/or
server implementors:

Do you prefer to:
(a) leave xxx-collection-set as it is (marshalled only as OPTIONS)
(b) support marshalling both as OPTIONS and as live properties
(c) marshal only as live properties and deprecate the OPTIONS marshalling

I vote for (c), as it simplifies the spec, and makes it consistent
with the ACL protocol.