RE: locate-by-history report vs. Depth header

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 18:13:33 -0500
To: "Ietf-Dav-Versioning@W3. Org" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
The locate-by-history report logically runs against the entire configuration
rooted at the request-URL.  So in that sense, it is a "depth:infinity"
operation.
But that isn't how REPORT is defined.  REPORT is defined as "being run
separately
against every resource that satisfies the depth parameter".  Depth:1 says to
"run the request against the resource identified by the request-URL,
and then again on each of the internal members of the request-URL."
But that is never what you want, because you only want the REPORT run once
against
the configuration identified by the request-URL.

And that one case where I said that Depth:1 might make sense was just wrong.
You still run Depth:0 (i.e. just run the REPORT once), and the REPORT will
find all VCR's that match that version history in any of the workspaces.