LABEL comparison

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:00:01 +0100
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Hi,

the spec says in chapter 8 [1]:

"...SHOULD use a case-sensitive octet-by-octet comparison of the two label
names."

I think this must be "character-by-character comparison". The term "octet"
isn't meaningful here because we have XML based marshalling.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced that [2]:

"The value of a label header is the name of a label, encoded using UTF-8.
For example, the label "release-2.0" is identified by the following header:"

is compatible with HTTP and existing servlet engines. Has anybody *tested*
this? Maybe it would be better to specify URL-encoded UTF-8 instead.

Julian

[1]
<http://www.webdav.org/deltav/protocol/draft-ietf-deltav-versioning-20.htm#_
Toc524830601>