From: Kirmse, Daniel [mailto:daniel.kirmse@sap.com]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 3:36 AM
To: Ietf-Dav-Versioning (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Problems with Delete of a version-controlled collection

By the way: My experience with the DeltaV Spec is that many people have
problems to actually understand what can be done using DeltaV. In my
oppinion it is mainly a misunderstanding. Most people I talked to to "sell"
DeltaV expect the spec to describe how the can use DeltaV to have some
versioning done. They wish to have more examples, even the not so simple
ones, provided with the spec. (I for myself did to!) Sure it is not the task
of a spec to explain use cases. It would puff up the whole thing. But what
about the Szenarios document that is on the DeltaV Homepage? This would be
the right place for such use cases or best practices. Why isn't this pursued
anymore?

P.P.S:
An answer to Tim: I will eventually put all my "a ha"'s on the FAQ (so I
have an archive for my questions ;o) ). But it will take some time (I have
to find a time slot to do this reasonably).