Label: and Depth: header combination (was: RE: Label header vs PROPFIND depth 1)

From: Tim Ellison <tim@ellison.name>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:28:35 +0100
To: "'Deltav WG'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
RFC2518 Section 9.2 "Depth header":

"Any headers on a method that has a defined interaction with the Depth
header MUST be applied to all resources in the scope of the method except
where alternative behavior is explicitly defined. For example, an If-Match
header will have its value applied against every resource in the method's
scope and will cause the method to fail if the header fails to match."

So that means that the Label: header MUST be applied to all resources in the
scope of a PROPFIND, contrary to my argument.  I think there are problems
with both our interpretations, DeltaV needs fixing.

Regards,