RE: Finding the Baseline-Controlled Collection given a working ba seli ne...

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:49:18 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
   From: Peter Raymond [mailto:Peter.Raymond@merant.com]

   As I have mentioned before section 13.12 talks about auto-checkin
   of a working baseline and seems to suggest that the MERGE method
   should then use the Baseline-Controlled Collection (referenced by
   the working baseline) as the merge target.  My problem is how to
   find the Baseline-Controlled Collection given a working baseline.

   Does the working baseline have a property which identifies the
   Baseline-Controlled Collection?  I do not see this property defined
   in the specification, so the only way I can see to find a
   Baseline-Controlled Collection given a working baseline would be
   to: ...

The only way a working baseline is useful is if it is checked-out from
a VCC with the DAV:apply-to-version flag (otherwise there would be no
way to update the members of the configuration).  In this case, the
DAV:auto-version property identifies the VCC, and the
DAV:baseline-controlled-collection property of the VCC identifies the
BCC.