Standard privileges for DeltaV operations?

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:06:50 -0700
To: <acl@webdav.org>, <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
So, now that the DeltaV specification has been approved, it begs the
question of whether the Access Control Protocol should define some access
privileges for versioning operations.

The following privileges make sense to me:

DAV:checkout - controls CHECKOUT
DAV:checkin - controls CHECKIN
DAV:uncheckout - controls UNCHECKOUT
DAV:report - controls REPORT
DAV:version-control - controls VERSION-CONTROL

So, minimally we would cover versioning capability, where I'm hoping there
is a lot of commonality among the access control mechanisms of existing
repositories.

Thoughts?

- Jim