RE: [ACL] Standard privileges for DeltaV operations?

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:18:30 -0400
To: acl@webdav.org, ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
I think it is too early to guess what an interoperable set of versioning
privileges would be.  In particular, it is unlikely that the underlying
repository privileges will be in terms of the particular methods that we
introduced in DeltaV.  There is likely to be a "read" and
"write" privilege, but not nearly as likely to be a separate "checkin" vs.
"uncheckout" privilege (i.e. you can checkin, but you can't uncheckout,
or vica versa).

So I'd suggest sticking with the generic privileges that we currently have
(i.e. DAV:read, DAV:write, etc).