From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:lisa@xythos.com]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 12:56 PM
To: Clemm, Geoff; ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Subject: RE: The Depth header...

My objection is that if this is being done for consistency, then the spec
should be consistent with RFC 2518.

From section 8.1: "By default, the PROPFIND method without a Depth header
MUST act as if a "Depth: infinity" header was included. "

Section 8.8.8: "The Depth header is unnecessary as the default behavior of
COPY on a collection is to act as if a "Depth: infinity" header had been
submitted. "

On the other hand, from section 9.2: "Methods which support the Depth header
may choose not to support all of the header's values and may define, on a
case by case basis, the behavior of the method if a Depth header is not
present."

Lisa