RE: REPORTS

From: Tim Ellison <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:30:33 +0100
To: "'DeltaV'" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

> Perhaps a review of the need for expand-property report?
> Do we have client implementors on the list who need
> this report?

Its an important optimization in a number of scenarios.  Given a version
history the expand-property report allows for a number of interesting
queries, such as all version-controlled resources referencing versions in
that version history (useful just before a DELETE).  For a
baseline-controlled collection it allows us to get the baseline collection
in a single request (via the version-controlled configuration and
baseline).  Given a version it allows a client to determine all the
versions in the same activity, and so on.  The list is extensive.

Regards,