List of areas in the specification where properties are empty/not set

From: Peter Raymond <Peter.Raymond@merant.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 12:56:35 +0100
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Hi,

I raised in an earlier e-mail that the specification still talked about
properties
being empty or not set instead of being removed.  In one of the deltav
sessions I
was asked to scour the spec and find all affected areas.
I think the list is:

Section 3.9 in the additional postconditions (DAV:auto-checkout) for PUT,
the spec
says "the DAV:checked-in property MUST be empty". I propose it should
instead read
"the DAV:checked-in property MUST be removed".

Section 4.4 in the additional postconditions (DAV:cancel-checked-out) for
UNCHECKOUT,
the spec says "and the DAV:checked-out property no longer is set".  I
propose it
should read "and the DAV:checked-out property is removed".

Section 11.2 the description of the MERGE method says "a version-controlled
resource
with a non-empty DAV:merge-set". I propose it should read "a
version-controlled
resource with a DAV:merge-set property".

Section 11.6 in the additional preconditions (DAV:merge-must-be-complete)
for CHECKIN,
the spec says "The DAV:merge-set and DAV:auto-merge-set of the checked-out
resource
MUST be empty".  I propose it should read "The checked-out resource MUST not
have the
DAV:merge-set or DAV:auto-merge-set properties".

Somewhere in the spec perhaps we should state that when a property is
removed from a
resource it is no longer returned by PROPFIND or in any <DAV:prop> response
from
any method.

Regards,
--