Semantics of supported-*

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:14:23 -0700
To: "DeltaV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

I'll take the definition of supported-method-set for an example:

"This property identifies the methods that are supported by the resource.  A
method is supported by a resource if an application of that method to that
resource has the semantics defined by the features supported by that
resource."

This is better than it used to be, but it's still not clear to me whether
this is dependent on state (which can get us into the ugly state vs. type
debate).

E.g.  does CHECKIN show up for a checked-in VCR, or only for a checked-out
VCR?  Does LOCK show up for a locked VCR, or only an unlocked VCR?

I assume that the answer to this will be consistent for
supported-live-property-set and supported-report-set.

Lisa