UNCHECKOUT after automatic checkout?

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:40:11 -0700
To: "DeltaV" <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>

Can a client do this sequence of commands to a single resource?

1. LOCK version-controlled resource
2. verify that VCR has "locked-update" in DAV:auto-checkout and
"locked-update" in DAV:auto-checkin
3. PUT
4. UNCHECKOUT

Obviously this would have to be a versioning-aware client, relying on the
auto-checkout and auto-checkin behaviour of the server to do the checkout,
but able to override the server to cancel the checkout.

The advantage of the scenario is that it is fewer commands.  I don't see any
reason that the spec would not allow this scenario -- I wanted to point it
out so that server implementors could be sure to test it.

lisa