Bindings to non versioned controlled resources in version controlled collections

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 15:35:22 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
The spec says:
14 Version-Controlled-Collection Feature
    Although a collection version only records the version-controlled
    bindings of a collection, a version controlled collection MAY
    contain both version-controlled and non-version-controlled
    bindings. Non-version-controlled bindings are not under version
    control, and therefore can be added or deleted without checking
    out the version-controlled collection.

Geoff says:
Yes, a version-controlled collection can (but note that only
the version-controlled bindings are captured by a collection
version, so the non-version-controlled members are not "shared"
by other workspaces).

This is a little confusing. Maybe we could make the section above a little
clearer if we indicated that adding non-version controlled resources to a
version controlled collection has no effect on it assocated version. So
the version controlled collection doesn't have to be checked out to add
these bindings.