RE: Version-controlled collection resources - I am still missing something

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:19:20 -0400
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Tim says:
I'm mildly in favor of leaving it undefined, and mildly in favour of
making
it the DAV:root-version, and strong in favor of selecting the 'right'
version <g>  (... we could have these revision selection rules that
...hmmm)(joke)

I agree, but probably prefer leaving it undefined. We know using
DAV:root-version won't be useful to almost any client even though its the
only good choice servers currently have. If its undefined, servers that
support activities could advertise a "main" activity that they use. This
might be a good differentiator without introducing any interoperability
issues.