Re: DTD Confusion

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:03:06 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

A compromise suggestion for those interested in DTD's:

Each of the WebDAV messages are a separate XML document.
If you design a separate DTD for each WebDAV message type
(i.e. one for a PROPFIND request, one for a PROPFIND response,
one for a CHECKIN request, etc.), I believe you will find
that all the anomalies disappear.  In addition,
I believe this will produce a set of much more manageable,
extensible DTD's than would be provided by trying to
amass all WebDAV DTD information into one massive DTD.