Re: DTD Confusion

From: Jim Amsden <jamsden@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:51:25 -0500
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Excellent suggestion Geoff! I couldn't agree more. However, this is really
a WebDAV issue too, so the WebDAV working group should get involved. If
they aren't interested in providing DTDs, then there probably isn't much
point in Delta-V doing providing a partial set. Also note that having the
DTDs should never require clients or servers to use them. They won't help
formalize the extensions either. Personally I'm more interested in getting
the semantics understood and formalized. DTDs can't do this, they only do
structure. A good, complete object model, including behavior, state
models, and/or interaction diatrams (or collaboration graphs depending on
your preference) would be much more useful.

"Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Sent by: ietf-dav-versioning-request@w3.org
02/08/2001 10:03 PM