Re: Splitting off core: where we stand

From: Sankar Virdhagriswaran <sankar@crystaliz.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:30:29 -0500
To: <ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org>
Lisa,

> implement any part of DeltaV.  I think I'm the only person designing a
> versioning server that isn't for source control, that has bothered to
> read the entire spec, but then I'm used to daunting technical documents.

I don't think this is entirely correct even though it does not take away
from your main point. At different points in time folks from FileNet and
Interwoven have participated in the review and I would think that they would
consider what they do as *not source control*.

Closer to home, we have developed a system that is primarily used for
'document/content management' and we are hoping to move that on to using
DELTA-V instead of RMI it currently uses once DELTA-V settles down.

I will post my opinion about your main point in a different email.

Sankar