Re: DeltaV Lack of global properties

From: <Tim_Ellison@uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:22:24 +0000
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

> > Ok, so if a client was, say, versioning aware (i.e.,
> > knows versions exist) but versioning challenged<g>
> > (i.e., cannot make versioning calls) then they could
> > query the DAV:version-history property of the VCR
> > (using PROPFIND) to get to the version history resource
> > and set properties there (using PROPPATCH).  It would
> > not require any versioning specific methods to implement
> > the "global" properties.
>
> Instead of calling the client versioning challenged, lets
> just say it is only Core versioning aware.  As section
> 2.1.1 states, the version history resource is only exposed
> with the version history option.  But I would expect/want
> "global" properties to be part of Core versioning and
> not need to implement the version history option on the
> client and find a server that has also implemented the
> version history option.

Version history has been in and out of core a few times!  The version
history resource is the rightful place for information about *all* the
versions, if a property that has this characteristic is important to you
then core+version history makes sense.  The resource property model of
RFC2518 has not been tampered with.