Re: WebDAV/DeltaV Interoperability and XML Validation

From: James J. Hunt <jjh@allerton.de>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 23:24:59 +0000
To: "Geoffrey M. Clemm" <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
CC: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
Dear Geoff,

The reasons for the concern  over tags that are used both as empty tags and as
tag pairs (with or without content) were problems with a earlier version of an
XML parser that had problems with combining both form and the following quote
from the XML specification.

For interoperability, the empty-element tag should be used, and should only be
used, for elements which are declared EMPTY.

Additionally, using tags both requires the use of ANY for dead properties.  The
current XML parser from sun can handle them, so I can live with them.

Sincerely,
James J. Hunt

P.S. I have yet to find a good solution for the display of version graphs.  I
have a few ideas.  Could we telephone?