Re: DAV:version-controlled-binding-set

From: Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:40:37 -0800
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org
> Greg: This means that you would edit the
> DAV:version-controlled-binding-set of a working collection to move
> existing version-controlled-members into and out of that working
> collection.  I assume that is fine with you?  You would
> still add non-version-controlled members to that working collection
> if you wanted to create new version controlled resources.

Hmm... I'm not too sure on this one. I don't do anything with collection
versions themselves, but only with working collections. The operations there
are:

*) DELETE /working/collection/member
*) MKCOL /working/collection/newcoll
*) PUT /working/collection/newmember
*) COPY /some/thing -> /working/collection/newmember

The COPY does the whole DAV:precursor-set thing.

I never actually "move" something into a working collection, thus editing
the binding doesn't apply to me.

But! I get a sneaky feeling that the DELETE might not work properly. If the
working collection had no members, then I'm guessing that I'd get a 404 on
the delete. I'd be rather upset if I needed to PROPFIND/PROPPATCH to do a
DELETE operation. (so consider that an objection if I'm correct in my
thinking)

Cheers,
-g

--