DAV:version-controlled-binding-set

From: Geoffrey M. Clemm <geoffrey.clemm@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:22:47 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org

In Tim Ellison's review, he made one last plea to get rid of
"members" (i.e. the ability to "slash through") collection
versions (remember that the members of a collection version
are required to be version history resources).

Since Greg has indicated that although he will be supporting
version-controlled collections, he will not be supporting
slashing through a collection version, and since I don't
really care, I propose we accept Tim's suggestion.

Then instead of making version histories be members of
collection versions, we would have a DAV:versioned-controlled-binding-set,

<!ELEMENT version-controlled-binding-set (version-controlled-binding*)>
<!ELEMENT version-controlled-binding (binding-name, version-history)>
<!ELEMENT binding-name (#PCDATA)>
PCDATA value: URL segment
<!ELEMENT version-history (href)>

Greg: This means that you would edit the
DAV:version-controlled-binding-set of a working collection to move
existing version-controlled-members into and out of that working
collection.  I assume that is fine with you?  You would
still add non-version-controlled members to that working collection
if you wanted to create new version controlled resources.

Greg, Tim (and anyone else who cares about vcc's): Please carefully
review the version-controlled-collection option in the soon to be
posted new draft.

Does anyone object?